Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Beer Review 43: Dogfish Head My Antonia


Wanna give a shout out to my very good trading partner Corey Evans for sending me this beer, so thanks! 
My Antonia is Dogfish's version of an imperial pilsner and in my book this beer is a slam dunk. In my humble opinion this is one of the top ten beers that Sam and the boy's over at Dogfish produce. My Antonia is a limited release beer each year so if you are fan of this type of brew, I suggest you seek it out when its released. Furthermore, this pilsner is bottled at a very drinkable 7.5% abv and in a 750 ml bottle. The cost of this beer depends on where you buy it... I have seen and heard that it can go from $10.99-$15.99 a pop. Is it worth the hefty price tag, I would say yes, but only if you really like this style. Moreover, what makes this beer pretty good is that its very versatile, it pairs really well with most foods and its drinkable the whole year round.  I prefer drinking this beer out of either a pilsner glass or a wide bottomed tulip.  Lastly, this beer says it can be aged for time, but I would say differently. I believe that the hop character this beer has will fade over time and it will also lose its crispness, so if you do wanna give it some time take that in mind when doing so.

Color: Golden straw, hazy at the core.  It form a 2 finger with frothy head. Leaves behind a good amount of lacing.

Nose: Some citrus. Oranges and lemons come and go, with comes hints hops and malts. Some nice bready flavors.

Palate: Amazing mouth feel. Refreshing and complex. The hop character of this beer comes through here. the citrus texture blend well with the malt in this beer.

Finish: A tad dry but very drinkable because of the good carbonation of this beer. Lots of good flavor here

Rating: 93 out of 100

No comments:

Post a Comment