Monday, October 18, 2010

Beer review 4: Yeast Hoist by St. Sebastian


I picked up this beer 4 weeks ago at the Studio City Bevmo. When first looking at it and its price tag I was skeptical. I love everything I have tried from St. Sebastian, so when I saw this I figured I should bite the bullet and pay the hefty price tag on this beer(12.99) and see if it is as good as the price says it should be. I finally got around to Drinking it last Saturday and I was in awe....it poured  beautifully and it had a great smell, and nice coloring.  I must say it was totally worth the price. Yest Hoist is a top fermented Belgian Golden Ale with tons of flavor and complexity. Its drinks better out of tulip than a pint so take that in mind when serving this beer.

Color: this beer is a gorgeous straw/golden color. This beer really glows,it will definitely capture your eyes.

Nose: Lots going on here. Faint citrus lingers in the background. Plenty of malty flavors in the forefront and some fig and pear as well.

Palate: Clean and smooth. Definitely a medium body beer with tons of presence in your mouth. The amount of alcohol and carbonation really give this beer the perfect palate for any beer drinker.

Finish: Amazing, refreshing, and crisp. what else does one need in a beer.

Rating: 96 out of 100

No comments:

Post a Comment